Sunday, June 22, 2008

Let Parker's Bday Celebration Begin

Usually when it's my bday...I drag out the celebration for a whole week. Parker's day is July 6 and we started celebrating today. It all started at the baseball game. Parker and I have a friend who works for the Tampa Rays in recruitment. I asked him a few weeks ago if we could go to the game for Parker's bday. Our friend gave us quite the hookup...we sat behind home plate....50 something dollar seats...the best seats we've had yet. This was my 3rd game! The first time I saw those engagement, anniversary, and bday announcements at the game, I thought, how great would it be to suprise Parker with that? So I tried going on the team's website and find out how to do that...I was going to get Parker's name up there!! But I couldn't find any information. I then asked our friend Chaim, how do I get Parker a bday message? To that he replied he might be able to pull a few strings. So we conversed back and forth and it was set. I had to keep that secret for like 3 wks...oh I wanted to tell him so bad.

So back to the game...we got there exceptionally early so we walked around and got to pet the live stingrays they have in the aquarium tank. Seeing a tank of rays at a game was bizzare. I got Parker a Ray's t-shirt since he doesn't have one so now he's got the shirt and hat. So I was expecting to see the message in the 4th inning but nothing happened but in the 6th there it was. "Suprise, Happy Birthday Parker, Love Amy." It was so quick I got a picture of the message after his. You should have seen the look of amazement. It was better than any picture could capture. After the 6th inning, the game really picked up. They Rays were down 2-3 in the bottom of the ninth. A great hit to left field landed them the win. Rays won!! Every Saturday they have a theme for the game as well as a concert afterward. Last night was the 80s and Kool and the Gang. They were awesome. We had a great night.
Kool and the Gang
Parker being a goofball
what are you doing Parker?
fans drinking beer=fans dancing with random people

everytime the Rays win, Dunkin Donuts gives out a free doughnut the following day...I think I'll pass!

Just as it says, Kool and the Gang
*smiles*

the message was so quick...i got a pic of the one after

Raymond the Ray

Oh yes it's 80s night!
the sweet view from our seats
a Rays tank and a baseball field?
too cool for words
free sunglasses for the first 10,000 people...

No comments: