Thursday, November 6, 2008

And then there were none...:(

Nala had to be put to sleep on Monday...she was very sick. From the time my parents told me about it to the day it happened was 2 days. I'm still having a hard time dealing with this. Within 1 year I have lost both my cats who I loved so much. I got Nala 13 years ago right around Rosh Hashanah of 1995. She was just 4 weeks old. My friend found her stray in her neighborhood and took her in. She was so cute and had the most beautiful coloring. After much coaxing, my parents let us keep her. As she got older, Nala hated to be picked up and rarely bothered with people other than her family. Even with us, we often got the cold shoulder. Every now and then would she peek in the door to see who's in the room or even rarer sleep on our bed or in our lap. She loved to watch CSI on my dad's lap (no joke!!). Everyone said I had the special touch, I knew the right time to pet her, clip her nails, and clean her ears without getting swatted at. She was a cat with an attitude and she was pretty and she knew it! I feel as though the last piece of my childhood has gone with them. I will surely miss the chatter noise she made when she saw a bird or the licks she would give me. Nala and Scutchie will be forever in my heart :)
Nala being a yenta
my pretty kitty
this has to be my favorite pic I took of her
what cats do best

1 comment:

Second Shift Mommy said...

I tagged you!

www.secondshiftmommy.blogspot.com