Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Visit from the 'Rents and Inlaws

Last weekend Mitch and I both had our parents in town.  Seth, Mitch's brother graduated with his Ph.D and Gabby (Seth's wife), graduated with her BSc in Nursing both from Hopkins.  It was a celebratory weekend.  My parents also came down to visit.  We all had a nice picnic lunch at the HRC trail.  I got to try out my camera and caught a picture of a beautiful.  In case you are curious the picture below is a red spotted purple butterfly.  We also went to the Hampton Mansion, a colonial mansion in Towson, MD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton_Mansion) and Boordy Winery.  The  weather was so gorgeous we had another picnic at the winery while listening to a live out door band.  What a great weekend.
And I didn't even have a zoom lens.  This butterfly was so calm.  This was taken at the HRC Trail

Hampton Mansion- Towson, MD



Hampton Mansion from the outside


Boordy Winery

best I've seen Mitch smile yet

good to see the inlaws are getting along

Mom :)

Rob dispensing his words of wisdom to the kids

not sure what this contraption does but it's artsy to me

<3 this guy

what we call a Weinberg sandwich

touring the winery

No comments: