Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Winter Break Alas- Peace Edmonton

I am having such a great winter break- who wouldn't love three weeks off!  I went away for a week to Florida to escape the violently cold weather here and enjoy some much needed rest and relaxation.  Unfortunately Mitch had to work and had to put up with some pretty cold days (even colder than we've experienced already).  The transition from working to grad student was not an easy one and the weather has been very cold and snowy.  That last week before break, I really starting to lack the motivation for writing my thesis.  I guess that can happen when you sit in front on a computer all day and look at journal article after journal article.  I'm looking forward to some more hands on work next semester.  It was great to see my old coworkers, the Digital Divas, YAD friends, and in-laws.  I really appreciated the simple things, like walks in the evening, running outside, trip to the beach, piece of Cheesecake Factory cheese cake, and Rita's Water Ice.  Once I had my warm weather fix, I was off to New Jersey to visit the rest of my friends and family.
It was great seeing Ann Marie and Mary from LRMC again 

Digital Diva Meetup in Largo, FL





trip to the beach...can you tell how much I love pelicans




Catching up with Marissa and Ilisa
and Elyse 
and Suzanne, Stuart, and Lee



No comments: