We had a milestone this past week- Ian slept the night through and has consistently been doing so since 8/15. I enjoy sleeping very much so you can't imagine the joy I felt. 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep, yay!!! I have been going mom classes since last week which are offered by the health department. They cover topics like sleeping, nutrition, and behavior Not only am I finding them very informative, but I also get to meet other new moms that lively near me. I even met one that lives in my neighborhood and hope to get together with her soon. I also am a part of a group from babycenter of moms in Edmonton with summer babies so all our kids are only a few months apart. Yesterday we went to Cafe O' Play which had a little play area for young kids and a coffee bar for the parents. This is a really great concept for a cold city like ours in the winter and also since mat leave is up to a year. I figured I'd try many mom groups hoping that something sticks. If I've learned anything over the past two years after moving to a place new and trying to make new friends is that you never know when you are going to meet someone who will become your friend, repetition helps, and just because you don't make friends immediately doesn't mean you have a character flaw.
I decided just as I took pictures when I found out I was pregnant which was at 5 wks, I would take a weekly picture of Ian to see the changes each week brings. Here are three from the last three weeks. I'm not sure what I'll do with the pictures long term but I thought it'd be fun to have both pregnancy and postpartum to eventually do something creative with it.
 |
| He's so cute when he laughs and smiles...gets me every time! |
No comments:
Post a Comment